Friday, January 13, 2012

My manuscript, whose name has changed several times as I revised it, and continue to revise, reached the finals in the National Poetry Series for 2011.

Getting closer to publication by the process of elimination! That's the way Jason Shinder used to think about rejection - so helpful. If you don't know Jason's poems, especially Among Women and Stupid Hope, do not walk, run, to your nearest bookstore or online.

Spent the month of October in California visiting my daughter and her family. Rented a studio through Vacation Rentals by Owner (vrbo.com), which I highly recommend. Wrote and swam almost every day. Discovered two important things: (1) as much as I love visiting, I would not want to live in California, and (2) I do not have to see my adorable grandchildren every single day in order to be happy! Not (as I had thought it would be) absolutely without question ridiculously obviously necessary.

I'm going to try to be more present on this blog with news and info. I'm going to try to be a better person.

Until then ... Happy 2012! May we all, and I do mean all, find peace and prosperity in the days ahead.

Re-elect Obama! Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment