Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Shelf Unbound Makes a Splash!

Shelf Unbound, the literary brainstorm of publisher Margaret Brown, is an online magazine devoted to the fruits of independent publishing.  The magazine features excerpts, summaries, and reviews of nonfiction, fiction both long and short, and poetry, in a gorgeous format.  Its excellent editorial and artistic quality rivals the best magazines to be found anywhere (I'm thinking The New Yorker).  I read the magazine with pencil and mouse to hand, in case I need (as I always do) to write down a piece of useful information or go to Amazon (linked) to buy a recommended book or visit a website to which also Shelf Unbound provides a link.  I cannot recommend this fine literary review more highly.  Authors may advertise their books in its beautiful pages.  Readers may subscribe for free.

Meantime, in the June/July issue, there is two-page spread featuring an excerpt from my introduction to Splash! Great Writing About Swimming, and a sidebar with my recommendations for five top swimming stories.   Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment